In Denver, the air is thin. So thin that you tend to dry out more quickly and thus, if you drink coffee like you usually do, you get dehydrated and sick.
This was my fate this week as I worked many many hours on Dell Enterprise ads and Qwest television spots.
It also led to not calling Heather as often as I'd like and missing the important developments of the young man Heather and I now call "Baby Noodles". Apparently he kicks at every opportunity and can now be seen through the belly.
But, I'm here in Denver making money. And this is a good thing because 1) I need the money, 2) I'll need the money and 3) It's put me back in touch with that industrious adverting guy who was me back in the 90s - which is to say I'm very very busy.
Interestingly, I'm surrounded by some of the best ad people of the last 20 years. David Stohlberg, Mark Oakley, Ron Saltmarsh, David Ayriss, Gregg Foster, Ken Markey and Bob Rickert - to mention only a few.
It's a little like going back to ad school and feeling both inspired and depressed by all the good work you're around.
Or put another way, it's kinda nice to have the ass kicked.
The busy-ness however has also got me thinking about all the posts I mean to write but that, when I'm busy like this, I don't.
I figure it might make a nice post in itself, so here goes.
POSTS I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT WRITING BUT PROBABLY NEVER WILL:
1. I don't like it when people post big chunks of their latest plays. (I suppose someone reads these things, but I don't.)
2. Why fishing sucks.
3. THE HOAX, ZODIAC, HOT FUZZ, FRACTURE - reviews of these movies. (I liked the first three, not the last one)
4. A theory of Baby names
5. A list of all the celebrities I've met and worked with
6. A list of all the "famous" authors I've met at Stuart Brent Books
7. How to play tennis with a pregnant woman and still lose (I may write this yet)
8. 6 uses for flowers in a relationship
9. Why getting rid of a landline when you're in a long distance relationship is a bad idea
10. Cavities and other gifts advertising gives your brain
11. My first year in AA
12. So, you moved across the country from SF into an apartment in NYC on Sept. 10, 2001 - now what?
13. Living without furniture: Please sit anywhere you like
14. Artists and writers I admire and who made a difference to me
15. What it's like to have a production in a LORT theatre
16. Here are all my letters of rejection, scanned and posted
17. A very short guide to prayer
18. Why I bought Danskos
19. CHRONIC TOWN by REM. The best EP ever made by anyone?
20. Life without coffee is not worth living
21. How to practice contraception when you're not sure where you're living or how you're making a living after you leave NY and move to LA
22. Bloggers I feel slighted by
23. What I would do to the NYT if I ran the Arts Section
24. People I'd like to punch and people I should've punched
25. The art of making comments
26. Playwrights who get produced eventhough most of their work seems to be crap to me
27. A list of posts I'll never maybe never write