Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Thanks and Stats

First off, though I already said this in the comments section of the previous post, thanks to everyone for the supportive thoughts.

And I didn't mean to say that I was leaving because of a lack of civility.

Laura had made an opening for me and, unwisely, I used it to jump.

Guilty as charged of conflating.

My exit has been planned. Though this blog is no SOPRANOS, I think planning an end into the start of something is always good. (Though I'm not making a case for closed endings.)

A year seems like enough. And I've said a lot.

So, today's post is about numbers.

So far, I've posted 180 times.

Generally this blog is visited by about 100 unique visitors a day - though yesterday the number was tripled.

About 30-35 visitors a day are return visitors - which is to say they haven't reset their browser in a while.

Lately, I've been getting a lot of traffic from Chicago. It's probably the best theatre city in this country, so it's not a suprise.

Weekends are slow. Obviously people are looking at this thing on company time. (YES!)

Here are the big numbers (over the past year):
Page Loads - 25,280
Unique VIsitors - 15,434
First Time Visitors - 10,687
Returning Visitors - 4,747

My biggest referrer has been Parabasis. But I got a lot of hits when Playgoer noted my recognition of our theatre communities woes in a real estate story about Mr. Spinella. Adam has also sent a few people my way.

I get a lot of hits from people looking for tips on spec TV scripts.

The theatre houses that have looked at this blog from time to time include Seattle Rep, South Coast and Playwrights Horizons.

I also get hits from Sony Pictures, Dimension, Disney and MGM.

Recently I got a hit from somebody looking to find out if a producer I've worked with is single. Yikes, huh?

Okay, that's enough of that.

No comments: